Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Break

Traditions are something kids look forward to, and it just has to be consistant. I'm fortunate to live in California and my nieces are in Portland. Last year they came down to California for Spring Break, and are doing so again this week. It is becoming a tradition, and my sister tells me they are counting the hours until they leave the rain. I have had to call to remind them to keep there room clean (per my sister) if they want to go to Legoland. I think Legoland (outside of San Diego) is a tad more suited for younger kids, and like to mix it up. Last year was Disneyland. Lines get crazy, but the joy on the little faces is worth it all. Roller Coasters for the first time are always a thrill....just tell them it is like a really, really fast slide. If you aren't able to get away, perhaps the tradition is a picnic at the beach or park every year. Just something out of the ordinary that they look forward too. Ciao. Ciao.

No comments: