Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cooking with Toddlers

One of my favorite things to do with my nieces is cook. I find it to be interactive, bring out a creative side in them and perhaps even giving them skills for the future. I can't believe I have friends (at my age) who barely know how to boil water. Ahhhh the age of dining out. I am also somewhat of a health nut and prefer things that are homemade, even if it is as simple as making a smoothie and pouring it into and ice cube tray for a mini frozen treat later. There are many books out there to help you out, should your cooking skills be rusty, but if you have toddlers in your mix be sure to check out The Toddler Cafe. http://www.chroniclebooks.com/excerpts.php?isbn=0811859274&store=books Many of the ideas don't even require any "cooking", just mixing of a few fun ingredients and freezing, which is perfect for summer time. Happy cooking! Ciao. Ciao.

No comments: