Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Make nutrition fun and educational

My sister constantly inspires me. If I were to have kids, I think I'd be raising them the same way. My sister, a health nut, wants to instill that in my nieces too. So she is starting to let them choose there own cereal. Naturally, there is a catch. It must have 10 grams or less of sugar and 3 or more grams of fiber. They have to find the word, and then figure out is 12 more or less than 10. They are after all in preschool and first grade. If they select the cereal, they can't really complain much either. Hopefully, just learning they didn't like it all that much and to make another selection next week. There are lots of fun ways out on the Internet to help kids learn about nutrition too. Check it out http://www.nutritionexplorations.org/kids/activities-main.asp
Have fun. Chow. Chow.

No comments: